Are you going nuts every time you walk into your closet? You know there’s stuff in there, but nothing to wear! Every woman’s lament. Especially this time of year.
TBH, the closet doldrums usually happen for me when I’ve gotten… well, I’ll just go ahead and say it — lazy! When I’ve been pulling on the same items and not really trying any new combos. When I’m coasting by on the tried and true.
Before long, Dullsville. When the sartorial boredom sets in, I know it’s time to get bold and try new looks with some of my old faithfuls.
Add a statement piece, possibly wearing it in an unexpected way.
Accessories and statement pieces add freshness when things feel super stale. They can take you from frump to fabulous.
I found this top at a designer resale shop before the holiday. In my mind I thought, ‘date top.’
But wait, why should the top hang there, all lonely until a date comes along?
So I’ve put it into rotation now. I’ve paired the top with dark jeans and a leather jacket, black pants and a black blazer. I think it’ll be a lot of fun with white jeans and sandals once spring comes around.
There may be similar pieces hanging out in your closet just waiting for the opportunity to add some pop to your foundational clothing.
It doesn’t have to be a top or a shoe. Go online and find some inexpensive jewelry or a handbag that speaks to you. That’s just F-U-N. You don’t need to spend a fortune. My resale find was only around $129. And, I’ve already gotten three outfits out of her.
If there’s something tucked away in one of your drawers you save for special, pull her out and let her brighten up your day and your outfit.
Still need some help?
Book my Clear Cull and Create session to:
- Get your time back. Clarity in your closet saves you hours of agony.
- Boost your confidence. Step out feeling supercharged and sexy.
- Save Money. Shop your closet, not the mall.
- Easily put outfits together from things you already own.
- Stop the need to shop. Unless, of course, you want to.
- Get a curated list of what you need, rather than heading out for another frustrating fishing expedition.
- Get 10-15 new outfits from old items.
- Have a photo album on your phone so you can find your perfect look anytime you need to get ready.
The Clear Cull and Create Session is currently priced at $450. DM me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’d be delighted to help you snazz up your closet without spending a fortune.